The Real Definition of Entrepreneurship with Scott Maitland, Top of the Hill Restaurant and Brewery
Welcome to Owner Operated: Conversations with Small Business Millionaires.
A graduate of West Point, Scott is the proprietor of Top of the Hill Restaurant and Brewery, an iconic Chapel Hill restaurant which has won more than 40 best-of awards in the Triangle area. Scott has a passion for Chapel Hill and sits on the board of several North Carolina business and trade organizations.
- How Scott raised money and took on partners to start TOPO
- Entrepreneurship as a life philosophy
- Principles of leadership and management
- Advice for students pursuing a career in investment banking or consulting
- Unicorn Entrepreneurship vs. Old School Entrepreneurship
- Is achieving balance in small business a myth?
- Working on the business vs. in the business
- The hidden advantages of turnover in business
- The advantages small businesses offer to their communities
See you next week!