Success in Homebuilding in Raleigh, North Carolina with Josh Swindell, Envision Homes (feat. Erik Sullivan)
Welcome to Owner Operated: Conversations with Small Business Millionaires.
This week, I spoke with Josh Swindell, one of the three partners of Envision Homes, a homebuilder in Raleigh, North Carolina.
A big shout-out to Erik Sullivan, who represented the sellers in their sale of the land for The Park at Wimberly, a 130-residential lot development purchased by Envision Homes with a mix of townhome and single-family construction.
After the deal closed, Erik and I were chatting about the transaction, and he told me I would really enjoy having Josh on the show. Thank you Erik!
We talked about:
- The process of home development
- Erik's crazy offers on single family homes in the Triangle area ($41,000 over asking and still not winning)
- Managing expectations as a commercial real estate listing broker
- Setting up a partnership of three people; the “three-legged stool”
- The zoning process
- How to practically manage your time
- The importance of having mentors
- Finding the “flag on the hill”
- Next steps for Envision Homes – going a mile deep vs. a mile wide
- Growth in the single family “for rent” product
MidStreet is hiring! We're looking to fill 2 rockstar roles: a videographer and a content writer. If you know of anyone who might be a good fit, please send me an email!
Lastly - managing work & the podcast has proven to be a monster task - but I love it! I'm working on outsourcing some of the editing work so I can bring you even higher quality episodes. See you next week!