Melissa Herzog - FullCircle Private Wealth Management of Raymond James
Welcome to Owner Operated: Conversations with Small Business Millionaires.
This week, I spoke with Melissa Herzog of FullCircle Private Wealth Management of Raymond James in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Listen to the show on Apple, Spotify, Google Podcasts or Stitcher. It might take a couple of days to be distributed to the different platforms, but you can always listen to the show immediately on jonahpollone.com/podcast.
Melissa started in the wealth management industry after a career in investment banking and private equity. She formed FullCircle Private Wealth of Raymond James in 2019.
Melissa and I met through a UNC Real Estate Club career event, where she spoke about her experience at a private equity firm. After the event, we had a great conversation, realized we shared an interest in the same small business space, and have been friends ever since.
- The role of a wealth manager
- The importance of building trust in small business
- Why wealth management goes far beyond investment management
- When to hire a wealth manager
- A team-based approach to providing advice to the business owner
- Wealth manager vs. a family office
- Fee-based vs. non-fee based wealth management
- Factors to consider about selling a business to private equity
On the podcast, Melissa mentioned Wealth in Families by Charles Collier and Thinking in Bets by Amy Duke. If you pick up either copy, let me know what you think!
Apologies for the delay in sending this one out! See you next week.