Owner Operated - Buying and Operating a Landscaping Company with Billy Van Eaton, Cumberland Landscape Group
Welcome to the Owner Operated newsletter.
In this week's show, I had a conversation with Billy Van Eaton, owner of Cumberland Landscape Group and Talents Equity.
Listen to this week's show on Spotify, Apple, or Google Podcasts.
- Billy's journey from working at a hardware store and teaching Spanish to buying and owning a successful landscaping company
- His process for running a search fund and the HBR Guide to Buying a Small Business
- Submitting 10 offers on 10 different companies
- His business partner backing out from the acquisition at the last minute
- Hiring great employees and how to promote from within
- How he bounced back from the brink of failure
- Level 10 Meeting from EOS and more operational resources
- What he would do differently if he had to do it all over again
- Personality profiling for roles in the company
Billy shared some awesome stories from his life and through owning Cumberland. Hit "reply," and let me know what questions you would ask Billy after checking out the episode.
We're at 24 reviews on iTunes. Help me get to 25!