Advising Families with >$25 Million in Net Worth with Katherine Dunlevie, Managing Director of Synovus Family Office
Welcome to Owner Operated.
On to the episode.
I spoke with Katherine Dunlevie, the Executive Vice President and Managing Director of the Family Office at Synovus, a family office headquartered in Columbus, Georgia, focusing on families with wealth in excess of $25 million. If you have an interest in building and growing wealth, this episode is for you.
Listen to this week's show on Spotify, Apple, and Google Podcasts.
- What is a family office and why do they matter?
- When does it make sense for a wealthy family to hire a family office?
- What it was like to get started right when Synovus signed with a 55-family member client with 17 family units
- Single vs. Multi-Family Office
- Qualities of successful family businesses
- Using trusts as planning entities
- Communication as a way to solve family issues
- Top recommendations for family business owners
- Family business peer councils
- Servant leadership
- Seeking out mentors
- UNC Family Enterprise Center
- Family Business Magazine
I wrote an article that features a description of family offices in the context of small business acquisitions. Check it out here for further learning: The 5 Types of Buyers for Your Business