Advising Families with >$25 Million in Net Worth with Katherine Dunlevie, Managing Director of Synovus Family Office
Welcome to Owner Operated.
We're back! Work has been busy lately, with MidStreet launching several new businesses for sale, the holidays, and my awesome coworker Erik Sullivan's recent wedding (CONGRATS ERIK!).
Thank you for your support of the podcast. There's a lot in store for both Owner Operated and MidStreet in the next couple of months, and I can't wait to share it with you.
On to the episode.
I spoke with Katherine Dunlevie, the Executive Vice President and Managing Director of the Family Office at Synovus, a family office headquartered in Columbus, Georgia, focusing on families with wealth in excess of $25 million. If you have an interest in building and growing wealth, this episode is for you.
Listen to this week's show on Spotify, Apple, and Google Podcasts.
- What is a family office and why do they matter?
- When does it make sense for a wealthy family to hire a family office?
- What it was like to get started right when Synovus signed with a 55-family member client with 17 family units
- Single vs. Multi-Family Office
- Qualities of successful family businesses
- Using trusts as planning entities
- Communication as a way to solve family issues
- Top recommendations for family business owners
- Family business peer councils
- Servant leadership
- Seeking out mentors
- UNC Family Enterprise Center
- Family Business Magazine
I wrote an article that features a description of family offices in the context of small business acquisitions. Check it out here for further learning: The 5 Types of Buyers for Your Business